EPI Group FAQ
Know-it- all about the EPI Group and its schools
Know-it- all about the EPI Group and its schools
Q1: Are the degrees of EPI recognized by the state?
A1: The approval of the Ministry of Higher Education granted to the EPI guarantees the recognition of its degrees as being equivalent to any public institution.
Q2: How will EPI degrees be perceived by employers?
A2: Our educational project is tailored to the needs of companies that are not only expressed in terms of skills and know-how but also in terms of human qualities and soft skills. Several companies from various sectors are already very interested and excited following the inception of EPI Sousse. With the modern spectrum which appeared in all sectors of the economy, innovative industrial companies increasingly need specialist engineers, young graduates with a solid background in technical and scientific subjects as well as in practical methods.
EPI Training is thus firmly focused on the aspirations of the industry. Including bot academic expertise and the most dynamic executives in industry, EPI will facilitate the students’ rapid integration into the workplace.
Besides, the contribution of professionals in the training of future engineers is crucial, both within the school and the company, as part of practical work and internships. Manufacturers who constantly contribute to the training progress in EPI are entitled to inspect and make suggestions about the suggested educational programs.
Thanks to the quality of teaching programs offered and the proximity of the industrial sector, the different courses of study in the EPI, will generate engineers who will be in the line of sight of both local and international recruiters.
Q3: Who are the proponents of EPI?
A3: The proponents of EPI are academics, industrialists and experts in higher education and technological training.
Q4: What guarantees the quality of training at EPI?
A4: The endorsement of EPI trainings by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research has ensured the compliance of EPI curricula with current standards in public institutions of the country. Moreover, the regular and constant monitoring of the evolution of these programs by the Ministry remains a guarantee of compliance.
Furthermore, the start-up of the EPI has required some simple commonly accepted criteria. These include the diversity of the fields of study offered, ensuring bridges between them, the optional fields of study provided at end of course, renting and adaptation of premises, equipment and materials used for technological training, the competence and availability of the teaching staff, organization and administrative management, professional integration and linkages with business, international curriculum and the selection of candidates for admission.
These criteria, and still others, were selected to serve as the basis and reference in the design and implementation of EPI project and thus ensure a more comprehensive training in the best conditions.
Q5: Who are the teachers of EPI?
A5: The teaching staff of EPI consists of permanent teachers (with career plan), engineers, technical experts and managers working in industry and temporary teachers in public higher education (authorized by the supervising ministry).
Q6: How much will my studies cost?
A6: concerned with promoting the diversity of opportunities and social openness, registration
fees to the EPI have been studied (see section "Registration Fee")
Q7: What characterizes the engineering training at the EPI?
A7: The EPI is a multidisciplinary engineering school with fields of study in the areas of information and communication technologies, biosciences, civil engineering, textile, electronics and mechanics. Its mission is to help train engineers and technical staff in initial and continuing training and ensure applied research activities and technology transfer.
Training in EPI is characterized by:
• A balanced training: not only technical sciences but also management sciences, communication (especially foreign languages), business creation, etc.
• Training predominantly in teaching hours, or about 30 hours per week.
• An integrated preparation with a common core year and a year of pre-specialization where the student chooses optional subjects according to the intended field of study.
• An engineering course with a common course for the first two years and a great variety of fields of study to opt for in the final year.
• An important place to practical work based on lectures and tutorials.
• A privileged contact work: industry visits, meetings with professionals and field missions during internship.
• An ever-present teaching team is attentive to advise and guide you.
• A feeling of belonging to a strong vocational education, during your course of study you will always be surrounded with the same people.
Q8: Why become an engineer?
A8: Tunisia has about 23000 engineers (2009 estimate). The ratio is 2.2 engineers per 1000 inhabitants. This ratio reached 4 for emerging countries and 10 for developed ones. The number of engineers being trained (public and private institutions) is around 3,000 per year while the needs for the economy are estimated at 7000 a third of which in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
In front of the technological and economic requirements, engineers and technical staff, thanks
to their autonomy and flexibility, creativity, human relationships and their sense of responsibility, will fill in the void and find their places to face the challenges posed by the sustainable development.
Q9: Is it possible to continue studies after graduating from the EPI?
A9: Following the approval of the ministry of higher education and scientific research, engineering degrees awarded by the PPE are also equivalent to any national engineering degree from any public or private institution recognized by the aforementioned ministry.
Therefore, obtaining the national engineering degree from the EPI authorizes the holder, if he wishes to continue his postgraduate studies (research masters or specialized masters) in all national and international institutions which permit him/her, provided he /she meets the criteria required by these institutions.
Q10: Why opt for EPI?
A10: In our school we prepare you to get a national engineering degree and have quick access to the professional world in the best conditions. But is this not the vocation of every engineering school? Things are not as obvious.
At the EPI educational group we have a passion to teach. It is a pleasure for us to get to know our new students and make their integration the most constructive one. We know that every student is different, that is why we offer a meeting upon arrival at school. This allows us to know you better to give you the best career advice. Our students are part of the EPI family from the first day: if you are comfortable, you will be relaxed and you will progress more quickly.
At EPI educational group we progress thanks to several advantages:
• Teaching methods: our teachers are qualified and have acquired their methods from their long-term experience in various public engineering schools.
• The building and premises: to provide students with the best conditions of study and life, EPI group is set in a pleasant environment for study and offers students and teachers of modern and efficient infrastructure. The school has 6000 m² covered for instruction and applied research (laboratories, workshops, classrooms, Lecture Theaters …) and 2,000 m² of green and recreational areas.
• The location: our school could not be better placed. EPI is located near the Technological Pole of Sousse, University Hospital of Sahloul, the Olympic city “Sahloul park” (relaxation and recreation with fitness trail), university students facilities (accommodation, restaurants, cultural activities, etc.) and shopping centers
• Paying attention: We attach great importance. We want you to learn while enjoying your experience. We give you the respect and the individual attention you deserve. We assist you to find the best internship and prepare you to face your first contact with the professional world.
Q11: What are the requirements to enter the preparatory course of engineering studies?
A11: Being a holder of a baccalaureate degree in a scientific course of study (mathematics, experimental sciences, technical sciences, computer science)
Q12: What are the conditions required to enter to the first year of engineering course?
R12: Being a holder of the first two years of a scientific or technical degree, a diploma obtained after technical studies in ISET (higher institute of technological studies) or a higher institute of applied sciences or equivalent.
Q13: What are the conditions required to enter the second year of engineering course?
A13: Being a holder of a scientific or technical master’s degree, or an equivalent degree obtained after 4 years of study in higher education.
Q14: Is it possible for a company executive to pursue engineering studies at EPI while
continuing to work?
A14: The EPI offers the opportunity to continue engineering studies in the form of evening classes. The length of study in this case is longer than day course and degrees are equivalent to the ones obtained following conventional day classes.
Q15: Can a foreign student join the EPI?
A15: Absolutely. A foreign student can join the EPI educational group just like a Tunisian student from the moment he/she meets the admission requirements and proves that with sufficient resources to finance his studies and stay in Tunisia.
Q16: What does the EPI offer to businesses?
R16: The EPI group promotes and develops exchanges between school agents – students, teachers-and businesses to provide the best response to market needs while maintaining the academic and prospective aspect of training and research. Our partnership policy is welcomed, in its various forms by many companies that collaborate with our school. Our partnerships cover collaborations in the field of adult continuing education, participation in education, communication and information with students.
These partnerships allow both companies and the EPI group to better integrate the characteristics and what is at stake of each party to build fruitful cooperation.